Strategy Development & Implementation
C7 Consulting has helped to develop and implement core technology strategies at 3 major financial institutions.
To date, all clients have also asked C7 Consulting to assist with the implementation of these strategies. In the spirit of assuming full accountability for the product delivered, this is C7 Consulting’s preferred approach. However, strategies are always developed in a way that this is not a pre-requisite giving clients full flexibility to suit their needs.
As with all engagements, a back to basics approach leads to clear and well defined strategies that make them simple to explain to the rest of the enterprise and hence successful in operation.
- Background understanding – appreciation of the journey that brought the client to where it is now to both ensure the most successful aspects are retained and the biggest pitfalls avoided.
- Objectives definition – distillation of requirements into clear, unambiguous objectives that are used to underpin the strategy.
- Full engagement – ensuring clarity in the stakeholder landscape, but also engaging at all levels throughout the enterprise to ensure buy in and understanding.
- Peer group analysis – having specialized in the financial markets, an implicit understanding of the approach similar organisations are taking helps give input the best way forwards.
- Business case – full assessment of the case for change
- Clear outcomes – logical and formally governed decisions, and easily understood reference material are all critical to help communication of the strategy and ensure traceability of future actions back to source
- Review and audit – strategy development and implementation is not a discrete one time event but an ever evolving process. Ensuring the right processes are in place to best manage the strategy once deployed is essential to longevity and hence efficiency.